- Metaphor is an essential element of human cognition which is often used to express ideas and emotions that might be difficult to express using literal language.
- Word embeddings represent a powerful tool for mining the vocabularies of literary and historical text.Publication DetailsType:Refereed Conf./Meeting ProceedingDate:05/06/2018Location:Switzerland
- Publication DetailsType:Refereed Conf./Meeting ProceedingDate:02/06/2018Location:Greece
- Gender Bias in Artificial Intelligence: The Need for Diversity and Gender Theory in Machine LearningArtificial intelligence is increasingly influencing the opinions and behavior of people in everyday life. However, the over-representation of men in the design of these technologies could quietly undo decades of advances in gender equality.Publication DetailsType:Refereed Conf./Meeting ProceedingDate:28/05/2018Location:Sweden
- The use of neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES) for managing the complications of ageing related to reduced exercise participationExercise participation and activity levels are low in many older adults, and when paired with the multi-systemic effects of ageing, such as sarcopenia and decreased cardiovascular function, can result in a loss of functional independence.Publication DetailsType:Refereed Original ArticleDate:25/05/2018