The following is a list of research projects funded by various national and international bodies, secured by Insight
researchers through the leveraging of the SFI Centres funding. On this page current projects are listed exclusively.
- Details of Award / DistinctionHumberto and Michael P. O'Mahony won the best short paper award at the First Workshop on Television and Online Video, part of ACM RecSys’14 conference this year. Aoibheann has already posted about this (https://www.insight-centre.org/content/recsystv-best-short-paper-award-goes-insight-researcher). Details of the paper are below (an email was previously sent on 19th Sept 2014 to email@example.com to record this publication). Humberto Jesús Corona Pampín, Michael P. O’Mahony.Awarding BodyACM RecSysYear2015AwardeeMichael O'Mahony
- Details of Award / DistinctionAwarded the 2014 TAOS (Transmission, Access & Optical Systems Technical Committee) Best Paper Award in Access Networks and SystemsAwarding BodyTransmission, Access & Optical Systems Technical CommitteeYear2014AwardeeKen Brown
- Details of Award / Distinction2014 Irish Software Association Industry Awards - Outsanding Academic Achievement Nomination Nominee for the Outstanding Academic Achievement of the year 2014 by the results of the Open Source OpenIoT Software project. The nomination is made via the Irish Software Association (ISA) in the framework of the 2014 ISA Industry Awards, Dublin, Ireland.Awarding BodyIrish Software Association - ISAYear2014AwardeeDr. Martin Serrano
- Details of Award / DistinctionHumberto and Michael won the best short paper award at the First Workshop on Television and Online Video, part of ACM RecSys’14 conference this year. Humberto Jesús Corona Pampín, Michael P. O’Mahony. A Mood-based Genre Classification of Television Content, Workshop on Recommender Systems for Television and Online Video (RecSysTV 2014), 8th ACM Conference on Recommender Systems (RecSys 2014), Foster City, Silicon Valley, USA, 6th-10th October, 2014Awarding BodyRecSys BoardYear2014AwardeeHumberto Corona
- Details of Award / DistinctionThe Best Application Paper for an article co-authored with Hadrien Cambazard, Barry O'Sullivan and Helmut Simonis entitled Bin Packing with Linear Usage Costs - An Application to Energy Management in Data Centres at the 19th International Conference on Principles and Practice of Constraint Programming (CP 2013) held in Uppsala, Sweden.Awarding BodyCP2013Year2013AwardeeBarry O'Sullivan