Dr Umair ul Hassan is Lecturer of Business Analytics & Society in J.E. Cairnes School of Business & Economics at University of Galway. Previously he has worked as Lecturer at Maynooth University and Research Fellow in LERO and Insight Centre for Data Analytics at thel University of Galway where he was Principal Investigator for the SHAREPAIR project. He has also worked on several research and innovation projects funded by the European Commission, Enterprise Ireland, and Science Foundation Ireland, including but not limited to Big Data Value Ecosystem (BDVe), Transforming Transport (TT), ICT for Water Resource Management (Waternomics), and Big data roadmap and cross-disciplinarY community for addressing socieTal Externalities (BYTE). Umair’s research focuses on design, development, and study of information systems, that use technologies such as collective computing, artificial intelligence, dataspaces, and semantic web, to solve interesting business problems and to address societal challenges.
Research Focus and Applications
- Lecturer Above-the-Bar in Business Analytics & Society at University of Galway
- Programme Director for MSc (Information Systems Management)
- Research areas: Data-centric AI, Data Spaces, Human-AI Collaboration, Collective Computing
- Led the team focused on research and development collaboration tools for Data Science.
- Led and contributed to several research and innovation projects funded by European Commission, Science Foundation Ireland, and Enterprise Ireland
- Industry collaborations with Siemens, ATOS, SAP, Schneider Electric, Trilateral Research
- Publications in top-tier journals and conferences in areas of Artificial Intelligence, Knowledge Management, Information Systems, Semantic Web, and Natural Language Processing