Saeed Alsamhi is a Research Fellow at Insight, University of Galway, working with Prof. Edward Curry. Saeed worked on QoS, Space technologies (High altitude platforms, drones, tether balloons) applications, multi-robot collaboration, Human robots interaction, activity recognition, emotion recognition, B5G, smart environments, Industry 4.0 and Industry 5.0. He has made significant contributions to the research area regarding optimizing wireless communication networks for IoT and smart cities using emerging technologies such as UAVs, robotics, reinforcement learning, federated learning, blockchain technique, and digital twins. The reputation of the journals in which he published, and the number of total citations and h-index to his papers speak themselves regarding the quality and impact of his research work. He has created an excellent research collaboration network nationally and internationally. He currently serves as lead guest editor of special issues in Drones, Energies, and Computational Intelligence and Neuroscience. In addition, he served as a technical commute member at several IEEE conferences. Currently, he is working in data space and securing data sharing using advanced technologies.
Specialties: Autonomous mobile edge computing, drone computing, Multi-robot collaboration, Human-robot interaction, activity and emotion recognition, Internet of Things, edge intelligence, smart environments, Industry 4.0, Industry 5.0, B5G.
Research Focus and Applications
- Combining advanced digital technologies for securing interaction and collaboration between humans and environments, robots and things.
- Autonomous drones computing and applications
- Multimodel for disease detection and early diagnosis, event processing, heterogenous data processing
- Combination of digital twins and blockchain for Industry 4.0 and Industry 5.0
- Decentralized federated learning for data sharing in smart environments
- Data space in the sky
- Object detection
- Heterogeneous data processing and security.
- Smart Environments
- Smart wearable things and healthcare 5.0
- QoS and QoE