Andrew Simpkin a Lecturer (Above the Bar) in Statistics at the School of Mathematics, Statistics and Applied Mathematics at the University of Galway. His research focusses on longitudinal data analysis, functional data analysis, genomics and data science. Andrew works on many interdisciplinary projects across medicine, engineering, biology, sociology and sports science. He is interested in applied statistics and data science, developing methods and tools to work with people in a wide variety of disciplines. These collaborations often lead to exciting questions which require novel theoretical statistical approaches.
Research Focus and Applications
- Lecturer (Above the Bar) in Statistics at the School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences, University of Galway
- Funded Investigator with the SFI Insight Centre for Data Analytics, Associate Member of the Data Science Institute, and Principal Investigator at the Ryan Institute, University of Galway
- Research focusses on longitudinal data analysis, functional data analysis, genomics and data science
- Works collaboratively, applying data science and statistics in many fields, including sports science, history, sociology, linguistics, engineering, medical devices, epidemiology, genomics and infectious disease modelling.
- Received over €6m in funding across grants in methodological developments and applications of statistics and data science
- Industry collaborations: Orreco, Connacht Rugby