Post Duration: 22 Months, approx (up to June 30th 2025)
Competition Ref. N⁰ 016321
Salary Range: €49,500 – €65,300 per annum (Salary offered will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.)
Applications must be submitted online via the UCD jobs portal
The Insight SFI Research Centre for Data Analytics now wishes to recruit a Reports Coordinator on a fixed-term fulltime contract basis with primary responsibility for providing organization and analysis for the Insight Centre’s reports, including collating and preparing multi-site documentation. Assignments for the Reports Coordinator may include collating financial and research output information for audits, maintaining data integrity on Insight’s databases, or facilitating local site operations documentation practices. This work can involve collecting data from several sources including internal records, individual departments and outside agencies.
The Reports Coordinator will work very closely with the Chief Operations Officer and the Central Operations Finance Manager. He/she would be in close contact with the Site Directors, Site Managers, EU Grant Managers, EPE Managers and Business Development Managers.
The role is based at University College Dublin but will include some travel to the other co-host and partner institutions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform manual reporting tasks on daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly intervals.
- Manage/coordinate/maintain existing automated reports and create new automated solutions for routine manual reporting tasks.
- Respond promptly to any queries from SFI or Insight management on these performance metrics and KPIs.
- Develop Microsoft Excel pivot tables and Agresso reports.
- Develop creative solutions using available data when given only output requirements Conduct data analysis for various report requests from users across entire centre
- Follow through with assigned projects and provide updates to management staff and other interested parties.
- Interact with the Centre’s Executive Committee, Directors, Business Development Manager, Site Managers and local operations personnel, Funded Investigators, and other senior management, and with other relevant people/groups in the broader internal Centre ecosystem.
Managing Reporting Database
- Maintain data integrity on the internal systems for the Centre’s performance metrics and KPIs.
- Ensure that all information captured and updated on the SFI Sesame system is complete and accurate.
- Provide reports in a timely fashion as requested by senior management.
- Maintain Tableau and manage requests from SFI.
- Provide administrative support to Senior Management to include preparation of agendas, meeting scheduling and follow up with content management from the meetings.
- Assist with the organisation of site reviews and visits for research bodies, industry collaborators and funding agencies, and assist in the preparation of associated literature and paperwork where necessary.
Selection criteria outline the qualifications, skills, knowledge and/or experience that the successful candidate would need to demonstrate for successful discharge of the responsibilities of the post. Applications will be assessed on the basis of how well candidates satisfy these criteria.
- The post-holder must possess a primary degree or equivalent and have a minimum of two years relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and GSuite is required.
- The post-holder will have excellent time management, multi-tasking, organizational skills and pay strong attention to detail.
- The successful candidate must be able to co-ordinate and progress the tasks associated with the post on their own initiative and work without specific direction or supervision, as well as within a team.
- The postholder must be able to maintain a high accuracy rate and can frequently meet deadlines in a continuously changing environment.
- Candidates must demonstrate an awareness of equality, diversity and inclusion agenda.
- Three to five years relevant work experience in financial reporting is highly desirable.
- Advanced knowledge of Agresso and Appsheet would be advantageous.
- A qualification in data science, data analytics or programming would be advantageous.
The full job description can be found on the UCD jobs portal. Applications must be submitted online via the UCD jobs portal
Competition Ref. N⁰ 016321
Closing Date: 15/09/2023