Insight Undergraduate Internships 2018
Given the opportunity to undertake research in a co-operative environment;
Introduced to research via relevant and stimulating real-world applications which will be used in ongoing research projects;
Exposed to new research problems, interdisciplinary research exploration as well as the use of high-tech equipment;
Given groundwork in basic research skills, which will assist the interns in transforming the internship experience into a long term plan for research career options;
Stimulate enrollment in graduate studies via the involvement of talented undergraduate students in scientific investigation under mentorship of researchers and prepare scholars for graduate studies;
Raise awareness and understanding of defined Insight research themes;
Develop showcase examples that will allow us to tell the story of our research to the wider lay community;
Terms and Conditions
- Each project in the Insight Undergraduate Internship programme will run for 3 months during the summer.
- The host institutions (DCU, NUIGalway, UCC and UCD) have many facilities available for interns including library, sports facilities, laboratories and technical support.
- The disability support services from the three institutions offer a range of learning support to students registered with the service and it will be available to the Insight interns.
Funding available for Insight interns
Each student will receive either a tax-free stipend (if applicable) of €1,200 monthly, or be paid a similar wage.
Insight internships are only open to undergraduate students attending universities within the EU. In order to be eligible for the Insight Undergraduate Internship, students should fit the following criteria:
- Students should be registered for a honours bachelors degree (NFQ level 8) in a subject related to Insight research themes
- Students should be 2nd, 3rd or final year students
To apply for any of the above Insight undergraduate internship projects, please fill out the online application here.
For any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.